Saturday, January 30, 2010

still in recovery mode

His temp is normal. He still has a rash. He still works really hard at time to breathe. He stopped vomiting up his feeds this afternoon. It still hurts to watch him like this. When I was there for a while this morning and he wasn't a wild man, this is what I caught a glimpse of. Enjoy.



Family is coming in to town tomorrow for Grandma's funeral. May not hear much from me for the next few days. Hopefully, Malachi will either stay as is but comfortable, or continue to improve so that he can be well enough for surgery next week. G-tube and trach--I'm terrified and completely grossed out by the whole idea the more I think about it. Therefore, no thinking and I will just learn what I need to do in order to take care of my baby the best that I can. (Please pray for many hours of home nursing care and that all is set up by the time of discharge!)

7 comments:

  1. praying, my friend.
    we have a trach in the family too - if you ever want to talk. i know amber has been in touch with you, and she was with me right after moriah got her trach. she was such a wonderful comfort, and i am so glad that she is near you all. maybe you can have her as a home nurse...if she is still doing it?!?! she is THE BEST!
    anyway, hope you dont mind, but i am tweeting for prayer and support for malachi. i want to pick him up and give him kisses all over...and i know everyone else does to!
    love,
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol victoria is right bout everyone else coz i want to kiss alver to LOL as for the trach lets hope tht my intuition bout the air opening with it is right and he does wonderfuly with it a lot of chargers have soemthing called tracmalga or soemthing liek that in other words swolen from secreations form things ive read this sounds liek wat chi has to hope he gets better soon love u all and pls do update bout the surgery if noting else

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been thru the trach issues with Faith but she has had her g tube for over 5 yrs. Now it's just part of her, we don't even think about it,usually. We love it, mostly. I will be saying extra prayers for all of you, this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Chi everyday.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer messed up on that last attempt to post. ---

    Marissa- you are an awesome mother- you guys are awesome parents. Don't let two accessories scare you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has a g-tube. It's not gross after you realie how much easier it will make Malachi's and your lives. We have a friend with a daughter who has a trach. She and herfamily go out to dinner and laugh every time they have to suction because the machine is so loud! Their daughter is their daughter and all that she comes with so it is what it is. You guys will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be praying for you. Again we see another thing that Rudy and Malachi share--trach and G-tube surgery in February. We can relate to the reaction you had to it--I still remember how tough a consultation that was when the docs told us they needed to take those steps. Certainly not things you want for your baby, but if we started a list of those... As others have said, you do get used to it. For Rudy, these two steps were the only way he could get off the vent and start putting on weight.

    Peace to you and your family with the funeral.

    Rolf and Trish

    ReplyDelete