Sunday, January 17, 2010

a new look

A comparison of the many looks of Malachi:

Intubated with tape practically COVERING his face, but sating well:

Extubated (on nasal cannula), but NOT sating well. Hence the pale, gray complexion. Pictures during this phase SCARE me. So pale and lifeless:


Still extubated, but with a NeoBar (instead of tape that needed to be redone every day, so frustrating) AND sating well. So nice and pink!!
Hopefully, I will have one more pic to add to this post tomorrow. He is scheduled to be EXTUBATED!! Pray he can handle it and prove that he can handle his secretions so that we don't have to mess with a trach.

2 comments:

  1. Some serious pictures, for sure. But he looks better in the last ones. We are praying for his healing. Sweet baby boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you all for a good tomorrow. I hope it all goes well and I will check in as soon as I can to see how it went.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete