Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Never Underestimate My Jesus

As John and I pulled into the parking garage today before seeing Malachi, we sat. We didn't know what today was going to bring in terms of his condition or new problems or new ideas that the medical staff may have. Just as we were about to get out of the car, this song came on. We both cried. We have hope in our Savior. When our world seems to be crashing down all around us, He will be our strength. We don't know where to go from here, but we trust that the All-Knowing God that we serve will guide and direct in ways that we cannot fathom at this point.



Am I at the point of no improvement?
What are the deaths I still dwell in?
I try to excel but I feel no movement
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin
oOoOoOoO

CHORUS:
Never underestimate my Jesus
your tellin me that there's no hope
I’m tellin you your wrong
Never underestimate my Jesus
when the world around you crumbles
He will be strong he will be strong

I throw up my hands
oh the impossibilities
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now I’m searchin' for
The confidence I lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles
Is overcoming my fears
oOoOoOoO

CHORUS

I think I can't
I think I can't
but I think you can
I think you can
gather my insufficiencies and
place them in your hands

3 comments:

  1. marissa,
    this is Lori from faith we played on the basketball team together....I just wanted to tell you that the faith you and john have in God has been a great testimony to me to trust God more...I pray for your family and malachi, every day...Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...between this post and the last...there is much to take in! Wow...is all that comes to mind. You KNOW you are always on my heart and in my prayers...you also KNOW I do NOT underestimate our God. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you all, chi, the doctors and all involved. God is doing a good work in chi and he is such a testimony! thank you for sharing about him and allowing us to know him :) God bless you and may you feel HIS peace and strength!

    ReplyDelete