Thursday, January 28, 2010

long day

And I thought this was going to be the most of my worries for the day...

we need to remember that Emma is tall enough to reach the countertops. not super thrilled at the time to clean that one up. then i find out something is wrong at the hospital. of course, i was stuck at home with no phone and no vehicle (flat tire the night before requiring a new tire, so it was in the shop today). i get the word out (at the mercy of people online and checking their e-mail) and amazingly, i have offers for people to pick me up and take me to the hospital and for people willing to let me use their car. the pic below is a quick example of the hot spots i get when i'm stressed thinking about chi that show up on my cheeks. this one is pretty tame... at times they can get very purple.


anywho, i eventually made it to the hospital and found a sad agitated baby. here they attempted placing him on his belly to help loosen up any secretions and see if that would help his sats. he was NOT a fan.

this picture makes him seem like there is a bit more color to him than there actually was at the time.

taken not too long before i left the hospital for the night. top right corner says "tachy 235"... his HR had gotten higher than that before i left. Before that, I also got to see him retract when they took off the leads for the 12-lead EKG and stop breathing. he went BRIGHT purple and his sats immediately dropped into the 30s.

to try to relieve him of some work, they are attempting CPAP tonight instead of vapotherm. this will provide more flow. i was not a big fan of hearing this. as you can see, neither was he... he was really red while fighting this.

in motion...

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh,
    We are praying. I wish I had some comforting words for you, but I am no poet. I probably would have let the mess go...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa...my mommy heart is so torn over ALL of this for you. Know that you are remembered, prayed for, thought of...often!

    ReplyDelete