Sunday, January 10, 2010

no more nitric


It's nice to see a monitor like this again.  Notice the blue number (oxygen saturation level)... It's 86!!!


A quick pic of him down in PICU.  Same type of bed, just wanted to point out the Name Banner thing that his day nurse made him, and I also put his little (er... HUGE!) footprints at the foot of the bed.

Since the only thing he gets to wear lately are the lovely socks to keep him from grabbing his ET tube, I changed 'em up today.  Isn't he cute!?!?


And one more pic to finish off the post:



At the time I am writing this, Malachi is COMPLETELY OFF HIS NITRIC!! This is big news! (For one, it's great he doesn't need it anymore and two, I found out it costs $3,000 a day!!) He is also down to 30% oxygen support--another number we haven't been to in weeks!  He's still pretty sedated, but they have been keeping him pretty stable.  He is still requiring potassium and calcium supplementation, so he has been receiving those along with his other medications.  BUT, things could be worse, much worse!

Oh! and i got to hold him today.  Not really, but I did get to lift him a few inches off the bed so that the nurse could change out the blankets he was laying on because in perfect baby boy fashion, he decided to pee all over the place ;)  It has been since Dec 31 that I last held my baby in my arms... I need my Malachi fix, and FAST!

1 comment:

  1. OH HOW FABULOUS HOW TURLY GREAR THIS IS oru chi is certainly a fighter love you all keep up the great work and go pop in on that gannon and tell him to get better like chi is infact put them in next to each other ur at same hosp arent ya yeah i told ya i love my chargers way to much

    ReplyDelete