Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...

I apologize in advance--I lost my train of thought while writing this post, so it jumps around (to say the least).

Well, no new pictures today. If I don't get to see my baby, you don't get to see my baby. Just before John was about to get to the hospital, Malachi's nurse called to say that they were going to be closing the module. Almost four hours later, it's still closed. Hopefully, it will open relatively soon so that I can be there and still be home at a "decent" time.

This week John and I decided that I would be spending the day with Emerson while he was at work. John would then go to the hospital for a couple hours to see Malachi. When he got home, he would take over Emma duty and then I would spend the evening at the hospital with Malachi. We love the people who have offered their time and willingness to take care of Emma for us these past few weeks, but this has obviously moved past a short-term situation. Emma needs her parents and she needs to be at her house during the day. From the beginning, John and I had decided that I would stay home with the kids because that's what we deemed best for our family. Emma is old enough to know that we're not around near as much. Malachi doesn't comprehend the difference between being with him for five or six hours during the day versus five or six hours at night.

On a good note, I've gotten to spend the WHOLE day with Emerson. Also, Malachi is doing well--at least, according to his nurse today.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got in some special time with Emmerson today! I hope everything gets opened up soon and there weren't any problems while you were gone.

    We are praying here hard for your little man to start feeling better and for the Drs. to have the knowledge to treat him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i said on fb chat befor at least it wasnt closed coz of chi hope the fam they closed it for is at peace knowing that their precious one doesnt suffer anymore and that chi keeps improving

    ReplyDelete