Thursday, January 28, 2010

430 update

So CBC was mostly fine with a slightly elevated white blood cell
count. Spinal fluid exam was fine and completely without white cells.
From what I gather this rules out meningitis. Good. Best case, he may
have a minor ear infection. We now wait for culture growth. Currently
his heart rate is elevated. It gas been ranging from 160-180 with
occasional jumps to 190s as high as 204. It's definitely creeping up
though. His respiratory rate is also high ranging from 70-90. Lastly,
his sats. They are the worst they've been since he recovered from his
last heart surgery. They are mostly low 70s, but they can only be
maintained on now 5liters vapotherm and 80% oxygen. Looks like it
will be a long night for mama. Cardiology should be notified if they
haven't been already and hopefully we can figure out what's wrong with
our baby.

3 comments:

  1. Marissa,
    You don't know me and we'll probably never meet. However, you and your sweet family are now going to be in my prayers daily.

    My heart breaks for you, and I can only imagine as a mother what you are going through. I will say that the Lord will continure to strengthen you daily, even though somedays it won't feel like you are that strong.

    I will continue to follow your blog to get updates on by Malachi, and pray for a positive resolution and good health for him.

    And even though I don't know you, I wish right now I could give you a hug.

    Praying for you!
    Heather and Easton

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hard long day you all have had. My thoughts and prayers are still with you all.

    This has always been one of my favorite poems and I thought I would share it with you...

    HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD
    A meeting was held quite far from Earth!
    It's time again for another birth.
    Said the Angels to the LORD above,
    This Special Child will need much love.

    His progress may be very slow,
    Accomplishments he may not show.
    And he'll require extra care
    From the folks he meets down there.

    He may not run or laugh or play,
    His thoughts may seem quite far away,
    In many ways he won't adapt,
    And he'll be known as handicapped.

    So let's be careful where he's sent,
    We want his life to be content.
    Please LORD, find the parents who
    Will do a special job for you.

    They will not realize right away
    The leading role they're asked to play,
    But with this child sent from above
    Comes stronger faith and richer love.

    And soon they'll know the privilege given
    In caring for their gift from Heaven.
    Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
    Is HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa...I'm so sorry! :0( I have been following the updates with a heavy heart. These set backs can be so frightening and discouraging. Do not lose heart my friend...we know the One who has ordained it all and rest in that. :0)
    Praying for peace in your momma heart and healing for your brave strong boy!

    ReplyDelete