Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We'll miss you, GG!

Yesterday we celebrated the life and mourned the death of John's Grandma Nellie. I'm very thankful for the time John and I were able to spend with both of his grandparents. I'm also thankful that they treated me like one of their very own. We love you Granny! At the end is a quick video of Grandma and Emerson when she was almost 1 year old (Christmas 2008). Enjoy!

Grandma loved her dolls. This was one of the tables set up at the funeral home:
Flowers in her honor.

My amazing husband:
Grandma with Emerson shortly after she was born. The first time I took Emma to her house John called me on the phone while I was there. She asked, "Now, has he seen the baby!?!?" I said, "Yes, Grandma, John has met Emma." She would always comment that Emerson (and all her grandbabies and great-grandbabies) was just a living doll.

Grandma actually let me take a picture of us together--a rare occurrence from what I've gathered recently.



3 comments:

  1. loved the video. that is so grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is just precious. Sounds like she was an incredible woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the video and she looked like a woman who loved her family and life.
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete