Thursday, February 18, 2010

No one else...

Marissa, Mom, and I all went to a "trach" class today. I had to miss the first one on Monday because of work so even thought this was Part II it was my first class on the matter. I had already been apart of a trach changing. I pulled the old one out and the nurse replaced it with a new one. But sitting there listening and watching it can be a daunting thing. And this is just one small part of the training we will be going through before he goes home. The process itself isn't very long. It's the strangeness and importance of it that had me thinking. Life for the last few months has been anything but normal. At times I had had realizations that we will never have a true normal again. We will have our own new "normal." I mean bringing home a newborn can be tough enough. We wont just be changing diapers and feeding bottles of milk.

I am actually more surprised and haven't fallen into a state of panic now that him coming home is finally on the horizon. Oh frankly I am pretty nervous. Yet I look over and I see Marissa and I think… Wow there literally is no one else that I could go through this with. Not only do I love her so much but she is simply amazing. All of you that read this blog know this. You read what she writes and see how she handles things. She is trying so hard and I praise God for her. I know that for a long time Marissa and I won't get out much. It will almost be like we are shut-ins. This is also a scary thing. Many families just wouldn’t last spending that much time with each other. And Marissa and I have our moments, but once again I praise the Lord that she isn't just my wife. She truly has become my best friend. It wont be easy. There are good and hard times ahead, but I think I know how Paul felt when he wrote Philippians 1:3-7. Its times like these that I think you can really get to know someone. And since all this has started I feel more and more blessed everyday.

So Babe, there is no one else that I would want to go through this with and no one else that I could get through this with. I love you and I thank God for you!

4 comments:

  1. You both were meant for eachother and it is so evident. Blessings on your family. Your new normal won't be what you were expecting but you will find JOY in things you never thought of before Malachi came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, John that was so nice! I think I'd better send you another dollar for kissing her! :) We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post....and I KNOW how much you mean to her!
    I pray it encourages you to know that...this will become...normal. Fluid, even. I'm sure it must feel like information overload at times...but I promise you will get it.
    As for being shut in...yeah, at first. But then you will find *at least* one amazing home nurse that you will trust with your life *Chi* and you will get out together for a minute. I so wish that I lived closer...considering I am simply a tool of His...I am bathing your future home nurse situation in prayer...that just the right fit would come into your home!

    Yes, we see both of your hearts here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys can do this. so proud of you. we feel you with how extremely daunting it is at first, but it will be such a treat to have him home! we only wish they had a home ventilator program out here where we are.
    continued prayers...
    love,
    the nelsons

    ReplyDelete