Thursday, February 25, 2010

(untitled)

Just a few things I wanted to jot down...

I am officially done with all my nursing check offs! That's right, today I did my one-person emergency trach change. Malachi wanted it to be as true to real life scenario as possible, so right before he decided to get crazy mad and turn bright purple in anger. After the fact, I was SHAKING!! I really hope that never happens when I'm alone with him. My voice was as shaky as my hands, but we both survived! John just needs to do his sometime before Tuesday and then we will be able to go through with our vent training (an 8 hour class). Malachi is doing pretty well with his CPAP trials, so I think they may move forward with a trach collar tomorrow. Good stuff.

So, I can't imagine that I've developed some crazy allergic reaction to something in the Infant ICU (our new unit) to cause hives, but I also can't imagine that I've all of a sudden developed this crazy physical response to stress. Any ideas? Taking generic Claritin for now and using anti-itch cream. Thankfully, this arm is the worst of it today. Just a few spots on my other arm/wrist, abdomen, and ankles otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the trach change!! I hope you get some answers on your hives soon!!

    ReplyDelete