Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sibling Play Time!

Emerson's nose finally stopped running and she got to actually spend some decent time with her baby brother today! She was pretty nervous to touch him, but was definitely content playing with (more like AT) him sitting at the foot of his bed. It was super cute. I got a taste of trying to multi-task when taking care of Malachi to talk to her and keep her engaged or occupied in something else. A taste of what is to come. Next time, hopefully I'll handle it a little better than "Uh, Emma, go sit in that chair, mommy is trying to clean up vomit, uh, clean up baby chi." At home, I will have Dora in my arsenal *WINK*!


KNUCKLES! (this was completely of her own volition... super cute!)

Helping with changing the trach ties...
After today and seeing Emerson with her brother, I WANT MY BABY HOME!

Overall, Malachi seems to be doing well. He's been kind of pukey in the afternoons. I'm going to take a look at his med list and times and see if maybe that has something to do with it. He's mostly handling 12 hours of CPAP a day. He now is getting 4 ounces of food every four hours (still taking an hour for him to "eat"). Labs were drawn today for his immune system workup. Hopefully we'll have some insight into how suppressed/deficient his immune system is stemming from his absent thymus.

It's 12:03 A.M. as I finish typing this... Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. Knuckles between two siblings....priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Marissa! The pictures are fantastic and inspirational! She will be a wonderful big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Marissa! I love the photos of Emma and her baby Chi! So sweet! I have been praying for you a ton.

    Although our kiddos have different diagnoses, I know what your heart is rejoicing in and grieving about.

    Let us know how we can help you and your family adjust.

    Hugs,
    Kelly Carr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Marissa!!! I love all the pictures of the kids together, what a sight.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete