Tuesday, February 2, 2010

trach/g-tube 10:45

Right on time at about 10:30, surgery called to have Malachi brought down to the operating room. I guess he was a little cool this morning as he was definitely bundled up when I arrived on the scene. John and I walked down to the OR with him and said our goodbyes and signed final consent for anesthesia at about 10:45. John left to go back to work, so I'm flying solo today in surgery waiting. I think I'll survive ;) today's surgery should only be one to two hours. I grabbed my customary carmilla latte from the coffee shop downstairs, grabbed a panera blueberry muffin from the ronald mcdonald house, and made my way up to the waiting area. I ran into the surgeon as I got off the elevator. I really like this surgeon. Anyway, he said that they will do the g-tube portion of the procedure first and then do the trach last.

Thanks in advance for all your prayers!

1 comment: