Sunday, February 7, 2010

a better day

a pretty good day (overall). he obviously still had a couple desats when he needs suctioned. unfortunately, if his airway gets somewhat closed off, he almost panics and clamps down and just doesn't breath. obviously, this doesn't bode well with his oxygen saturation levels. when he clamps, he drops pretty low, sometimes into the 20s. horrible to watch. but, like i said, OVERALL he had a good day. I did hold his arms down today during trach and g-tube care... tummy still gets queasy. i'm hoping the more i force myself to watch and try to avoid passing out, the more i will get used to it and desensitized to the whole thing.

It was amazing to see a sleeping baby with THIS expression on his face when I arrived:

He is now 26 inches long. As you can see, he is almost too big for his bed!


Thanks for my lovey, Aunt Laura. One day I will meet you, I promise!


even Chi was supporting the Colts today with his IV tattoo... those scalp IVs still weird me out.

the video I promised earlier:

6 comments:

  1. Oh my that first photo of him is adorable. What a cute little guy and hooray for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture! Glad he had a better day today :O)

    Kim
    Mommy to Christopher (CHaRgE)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face! Glad he seemed to do good, yesterday. Hoping for more good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sweet soft smile on his face, what a blessing.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is sooo with him! That smile on Malachi's face makes me think he and God are playing games (it's what Justin and I would say whenever Moriah smiled in her sleep).
    So happy that he's having a better day.
    Continued love, hugs, and prayers,
    the Nelsons

    ReplyDelete