Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mini-Vacation

Boy was it nice to get out of our apartment! It is very hard for John and I to just "relax" when we are at home because looking around we know that there are a TON of things we need to accomplish. (Okay, maybe not a TON, but there is always something that could be done)... We didn't do as much as we had set out to do, but it was certainly nice to be able to just be together without much distraction. Unfortunately, the main point of staying at a hotel was to let Emerson go swimming and her skin had some weird reaction to the chemicals in the pool and we had to cut her swim time short :( and convince her that it'd be just as fun to "swim" in the tub up in the hotel room. at least her rash/hives-looking thing went away after she got in the tub. We were able to see the underwater adventure in 3D at the IMAX (which was probably too much for her at times, but she did good as long as I kept supplying here with more popcorn!). I was spoiled being able to spend all weekend with my amazing husband! I couldn't go even a couple hours without calling him when I was at the hospital this afternoon. God has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined when He brought John David Sharbaugh into my life. Amazing!

At the IMAX:
Emma called them her "silly glasses".
When I got back from a quick trip up to the hospital during naptime:
Happy after naptime... GORGEOUS!
On our way down to the pool:
She LOVED when John would throw her up at least ten feet into the air.
Malachi says "Happy Valentine's Day" in his "Little Heartbreak" shirt ;)
I came home to this amazing dessert I had my eye on the other day, John pays more attention to me than I tend to give him credit it for. Good surprise, babe! Yes, it is even more delicious than it appears--if that could be possible!

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me miss you guys! You and John were always so mushy and sweet--I loved it! I'm so glad you got a little relaxing time away together! AND--Emma's blond hair is beautiful!!! What a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures, Marissa! Malachi seems to be enjoying his new bed! Emma is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks liek a great weekend, I cannot wait to have ours next month!!
    Just getting out of the house is the best vaction even if it is just down the road.

    ReplyDelete