Sunday, March 7, 2010

a better day

It was nice to get to the hospital and see a nurse who goes out of her way for Malachi (even when he's not her patient)! Talk about an immediate answer to prayer!

So it's easy to get Emerson to want to go to the hospital to see "Baby Chi", but it's hard to keep a two-year-old occupied in an itty bitty hospital room. UNLESS, you tell her she can watch television! The nurse got her all hooked up with pillows and blankets and the remote--it worked (for a while anyway)....

He's been kind of fussy and warm in the mornings, but he usually settles and cools down after bathtime. He was super content with some cuddle time from daddy... look how big he is!

He says, "I love you, Daddy"

Letting "Doctor Emma" listen to Chi's bowel sounds, breath sounds, and heart beat.

She was very much "in a zone".

Bathtime, playing with Emerson, and a trach change really wore this little man out. He was tuckered by the time we left, and we later found out he slept ALL afternoon!

After doing our second trach change together, I'm absolutely positively 100% certain that God chose John as THE one for me and the man to lead our family. He has truly become my rock in the hard times and the best encourager I could ask for. I am so thankful to be able to call him my husband and to know that our lives are truly one--just as God intended. I'm sure spending all this time together in the extremely near future (we're pretty much quarantining ourselves as much as possible so as to not pick up germs and bring them to Chi) will be a very humbling experience, but what an amazing opportunity to be able to grow together as man and wife, as well as a family. God is good!

Tomorrow, will be my 8-hour nursing shift. Pray that Chi behaves himself! Thankfully, my group number is not called for jury duty--at least not tomorrow. I never heard back if I was excused from my service, so I guess I keep checking in this week and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment