Monday, November 30, 2009

the tree is up!


So, I've realized this year that I'm not the biggest fan of actually decorating the tree. Don't get me wrong. I love a decorated, beautiful Christmas tree, as long as I'm not the one doing it. Thankfully, I have a husband who will take the lead and I can just "assist." It's probably easier on both of us. I do, however, like to do some of the other little pieces of decorating around our home. Last year, Emerson was too little to really "help" with all of the Christmas stuff, but this year she was up for the challenge! Within the first TWO MINUTES of her helping with ornaments, two were smashed to pieces. It's okay though, it was only my FAVORITE brown/blue glass ornament that we made as favors for our wedding. Actually, in retrospect it was pretty funny to think about her raising the two bulbs above her head and just CLANKING them together into pieces. (no one was injured and the mess was immediately swept up...)

Emma's eyes lit up when she saw the stockings in our Christmas tote. "SOCKS!" and she attempted to wear them. Unfortunately, they were too hard to get on and she gave up.

She did a great job in helping me with the glass containers filled with bulbs. When Grandma Sharbaugh came to pick her up this morning before my appointment, Emma was quick to point out to her that "Emma do it" while pointing to the ledge they are sitting on.

The tinsel was fun to play in too.

And, finally, no tree is complete without a star on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment