Sunday, November 29, 2009

11/29/2009

Nothing too much to update. Weekends are pretty slow and uneventful at the hospital unless something major happens to your little one. Malachi has had a pretty good day. He is still having difficulties at times with keeping his oxygen saturation levels at or above 70 without help from the ventilator. It was John's "turn" to hold our baby and, despite the fact that his rear fell asleep in the chair after a while, he got to hold him for two hours! There were a few times where his sats fell below 70, but after a while Malachi calmed down enough to take a nap in daddy's arms. Super precious. I have pictures, but not with me at the moment, so they will come at a later date.

I have my postpartum checkup tomorrow morning at 9:00 and then I will be off to the hospital. I am hoping to arrive before the NICU team gets to Malachi during their morning rounds. I like being able to speak with the medical staff face to face. Pray that my doctor's visit doesn't take forever and that I can maybe even get in a little early.

We are both definitely still very tired--and we haven't even gotten to bring him home yet! We are sleeping at night, but it's not very restful. We definitely do not feel refreshed when we wake up in the morning. John will be back to a normal schedule this week at work. Every now and then we have fleeting doubts that creep in. Thankfully, God doesn't let the moments of doubt linger for too long before reminding us of His truth. He allows them to hang around just enough to remind us that He is still there and still in control and He has ordained each moment.

A friend of mine sent us a CD by Sovereign Grace Ministries called Come Weary Saints. I often listen to this CD on the way to the hospital to see Malachi. It is a wonderful reminder of God's truth while enduring this trial He has set forth in our lives. One song in particular I really like is "Every Day." The second verse and chorus can be heard at http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/albums/category/sovereign_grace_music/come_weary_saints. The lyrics for the entire song are as follows:

In Your grace, You know where I walk
You know when I fall
You know all my ways
In Your love, I know You allow
What I cannot grasp
To bring You praise

Thank You for the trials
For the fire, for the pain
Thank You for the strength
Knowing You have ordained
Every day

Your great power is shown when I’m weak
You help me to see
Your love in this place
Perfect peace is filling my mind
And drawing my heart
To praise You again

In my uncertainty, Your Word is all I need
To know You’re with me every day

2 comments:

  1. We've never met... but I know you through one of your friends & have been following and praying for your little man daily. There are no words to express how my heart aches for him (and you) with you. Nothing hurts worse than seeing your baby struggling & I can't imagine all you're going through. Someday we expect to see the "good" God had in this, but sometimes I know you/we can't help but wonder about the "how's" and "why's". I pray that's revealed to you & that God continues to rest you and your baby boy in His hands. After reading your husband's blog a while ago, I woke up the next morning thinking of the Michael W Smith song, "Can you hear me?" (I think that's the name of it).
    God bless your precious baby Malachi... touch his body... hold him close in HIS hands... and heal his pain! You're being prayed for... even by strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    just saw your blog through the CHARGE listerv. i will be checking up on your sweet baby malachi, and adding him to our prayers. we are holding your family close in thought and prayer.
    love,
    victoria for the nelson fam
    www.momentswithmoriah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete