Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/2009 update

Not much to write tonight. Chi's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow afternoon. If we had known that was going to be the case, I would have gone to the hospital alone today and John would have had his first FULL day back at work. Instead, he left a couple hours early to join me as we waited for surgery to begin... and waited... and waited. Finally at 6:00 or so, the surgeon came in and relayed to us that he was going to wait and fit Chi in sometime tomorrow due to it getting so late. Oh well. God is in control and maybe there is more to the surgery being postponed than we could ever imagine and Malachi needed this extra day of recovery before actually closing his sternum.

One thing that you can be in prayer for specifically for me is the whole pumping breastmilk thing. It's very much becoming a "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" sort of thing. Frankly, I just don't want to do it anymore. It's weird. There is no "bonding" whatsoever with Chi. The one thing that would keep me pressing on is if I knew I would be able to nurse Chi after we took him home from the hospital. Right now, it is looking like his swallowing difficulties may be too much to feed him orally (due to CHARGE). Anywho, it is something that I will be evaluating and praying about. I just don't know how long I can do it.

For those of you on facebook, I will post mini-updates throughout the day when the surgery will be taking place and things like that. Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marissa,

    I found your blog through the CHARGE listserv.

    I've been exclusively pumping for my 16-month-old since birth, because of his swallowing disfunction and aspiration. I just wanted to say that I know how hard it is, and that if you want advice and encouragement there's a Yahoo group called EPers (exlusive pumpers) that has been a big help to me. Just go to Yahoo groups and search for EPers.

    Good luck.

    -amy

    ReplyDelete