Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/05/2009 update

Not much to update with this evening. Chi had a stable day and recovery is going well. Tomorrow he will undergo an esophagram and then hopefully his chest tube will be removed. If all goes well, he will actually be able to wear clothes!! THen he won't be the only baby in our module to be in just his booties and diaper. We still think he's the best looking though. We also know that heart surgery is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday. It is an all-day surgery and prayer will be much appreciated before, during, and after his operation.

We have done a bit more research on CHARGE association and my heart is heavy. We will constantly need to be reminded that God is in control of this situation. As a parent, I need to know that I will not always be able to meet the needs of my children, but I do need to see that their needs are met. Right now, we will be leaning on the help and support of those around us, especially when it comes to loving Miss Emerson. It will be very hard to keep things "normal" for her over the next few months. Then, it will be a very different normal for her and for us when we are able to take Malachi home from the hospital. I have much, much more I want to update with, but the more I research, the heavier my heart gets and I am ready for bed.

4 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you Marissa! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying :) For you guys and Emerson, kids are often more resilient than mommy and daddy are, huh? Yay for Baby Chi & clothes! I remember how excited I was to dress the boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still praying too! You've been on my mind so often these past few days, but especially today for some reason. My heart has been heavy for you. That's a good thing because it reminds me to pray for you guys. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete