Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/07/09 update

Today's highlights:
Chest tube removed (we should be able to hold him tomorrow).
Heart surgery still scheduled for Thursday.
Pray that I do not get mastitis--pumping breast milk is the ONE tangible thing I can do for Malachi right now.

So the plan was for me to spend the day with Emerson. I had high hopes of playing outside in the leaves or at the park or even painting with watercolors out on the back porch... Unfortunately, we didn't end up doing any of that today. Instead, we went to the grocery store and ended up going over to Grandma and Grandpa Sharbaugh's house to watch the Hawkeyes lose to Northwestern. I also started developing a bit of a fever (last check was 99.9) and I have been having horrible pains before and during "pumping sessions." I got mastitis on both sides when I tried to nurse Emerson, and I'm afraid that the same is going to happen this time around too... Just one more thing to add to the plate I suppose. Thankfully, I was able to keep downing fluids and get a couple-hour nap in while Grandma watched Emma.

Forgive me if I lose my train of thought. Emerson is currently throwing a fit because she doesn't want to finish her dinner. Unfortunately, I think it is going to take a lot of work for us to get her back into her regular schedule after having mommy and daddy gone for the past 11 days. She has quite an attitude and thinks she can just throw a fit and get what she wants. It rips me apart inside. She still needs to understand that mommy and daddy are to be obeyed. It will be very hard to be consistent, but it is vital for this age that we don't back down--even if she's currently screaming at us.

I was a mess today. Due to the aching and the fever, I did not go to the hospital to see Malachi. I felt absolutely horrible for not making it to the hospital today. (Emma is still in her bed screaming, in case you were wondering). I will be spending all day at the hospital tomorrow and pray that Emerson is fine at Grandma, Papa, and GG's (great-grandma) house.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. You don't know me, but I found your blog & story through Londa (we taught together) & I am praying for your baby Malachi.

    I am praying for his healing, for your strength through this season of your life, and that ultimately God would be glorified through this. I can't imagine what your family is experiencing right now, but I know the comforting arms of our Savior are wrapped around you, your family, and Malachi!

    If I can be of help, I pumped exclusively for my twin boys until they were 10 months old & we went through about everything. I know you have lots of nurses available to assist you, but if there is any way my experience can help I would be happy to share.

    Praying for a night of rest for you.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete