Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17/2009

So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for He will never fail you. (1 Peter 4:19)

I read this verse today as I was going through my daily Bible reading. I need to do a bit more research regarding the context, but the verse itself has definitely been a challenge to me and how I will need to continue to view our current situation with Malachi. Over and over and over, God has continued to prove Himself faithful--especially in these last few weeks. John and I have trusted our lives to the God who has created us and who has created Chi. We KNOW wholeheartedly that He will never fail us.

They took Malachi in for surgery just before 3:00 this afternoon. Everything went according to plan and he came back to his room with no complications. Now we continue to wait as he recovers. He will be in the PICU at least through the end of the week before moving back up to the NICU for more recovery. Then at some point, he will have the surgery to repair his choanal atresia.

Thank you again for your prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Crystal and I wanted to let you know you are not alone. I have a daughter with CHARGE and she is 4 and a half years old. Your son is beautiful and I can see the love you all have for each other in your blog. Please feel free to stop by Eva's blog if you have any questions, I also have a bunch of other CHARGE kiddos links on her blog for you to check out and maybe help you with.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete