Sunday, November 22, 2009

11/21/2009

Another good day. We are one step closer to being able to hold our little man again as they were able to remove his femoral line (which they had been using to draw his labs every couple of hours in the PICU). I'm not exactly sure though how healed his chest incision needs to be or if that is even an issue. It was good to be back in module 1 (even if we no longer have a "private" room and our own TV with comfier chairs) and see some familiar faces.

Emma was able to stay at Grandma's house during the day and play with cousins she doesn't get to see on a regular basis. Pictures of Emerson, Micah, and Mackenna will be on the blog by the end of the week.

A few songs have kind of tugged at my heartstrings lately. Here is one of them to share with you--it doesn't need much explanation.

Mark Schultz - He's My Son


I'm down on my knees again tonight
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a boy that needs Your help
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired
I'm sure You can understand
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep
I dream of the boy he'd like to be
I try to be strong and see him through
But God who he needs right now is You
Let him grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without him here
He's so tired and he's scared
Let him know that You're there

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Link to hear the song: http://www.gather.com/viewVideo.action?id=11821949021894331

1 comment:

  1. I can't listen to "He's My Son" without sobbing (tearing up just typing the song's title!). As a mom with a son with a list of special needs (however different they may be from Chi's), trust me, that song will pull at you every time you hear it.

    You're an incredible Mom that shows through every post. The post from Sunday (11/22) about being Chi's advocate is SO VERY TRUE. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I read about Sam's needs, but then I remember God will give the strenght & wisdom, I just need to keep loving my son!


    :)
    with prayers,
    martie

    ReplyDelete