Sunday, June 20, 2010

A rough day


Today is Father's Day. Today was also parent/baby dedication at church. John and I were caught completely off-guard. I was doing well during that actual part of the service, but as soon as the parents went back to their seats I started sobbing. I was never more thankful to be sitting in the back as I was today. I'm sure grief isn't the same for each person, but I feel like this is just how it's going to be for me and John. Good days and bad days. More and more learning our dependence is solely on our Savior.

In 2 Corinthians, Paul is talking about completely different circumstances--he was literally staring death in the face--but I think part of what he says holds true to our situation...

...but this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God.
(2 Cor 1:9)

2 comments:

  1. Hugs sweet Marissa, I know you are both struggling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, there are good days and bad, and moments when you will be caught completely off guard with emotions. Know it is ok to cry--in front of strangers, in the shower, in prayer, wherever you may find yourself grieving. Tears stream down my face as I write this to you, aching for our son as well. I wish I could say it gets easier, but know that you loved so much and that's why we hurt. I think of you all often and pray for comfort.

    ReplyDelete