Monday, April 19, 2010

waiting.

Well, I just got off the phone with Chi's immunologist. He believes that the rash has not worsened and the swollen nodes have not worsened. He has cleared Chi to go home. So we will go home and wait for results. We should receive some of the blood work back in just a couple days. I believe this includes the testing regarding whether or not the lymphocytes in Malachi's body are really his, or if they are mine (I'm dreading the blood sample that will be required of me when I get to the hospital this morning--I know, I know. I'm a wuss). From what I gathered, depending on these results (if the lymphocytes in Chi's body are not his own) then he will most likely be started on an immunosuppressant. This seems like the complete opposite of what you would want to do in Malachi's situation, but alas, it must be done because if that is the case my lymphocytes in his body isn't working. We still obviously don't really know how any of this is going to play out. The SCID testing should come back in two or three weeks. So we wait.

The doctor continually reassures us that we are doing a great job with Malachi at home. Affirmation I so desperately need. One thing he said that stood out to me when I was speaking with him this morning was, "I don't know how you guys are handling all of this so well, but I would be very interested in hearing more about it." Pray that we get the opportunity to share with him that what little strength we are still clinging to comes only from the Lord. And only by His grace am I able to not be a complete mess when I speak with any of the staff at Riley.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words....HOME! Hope you get out of "hospital jail" soon!

    ReplyDelete