Saturday, April 3, 2010

All Smiles.

Sorry, no pictures to prove the smiles today, but it was GREAT! I even got a two-sided grin, which considering his right side facial paralysis he must have been VERY happy to see me! He was kinda pukey today, but nothing too terrible. (The above picture is kind of our living room set up for getting Chi out and about on the floor in our line of vision). He still love, love, LOVES his sister and is always trying to find her with his "good eye." It truly amazes me. John and I are feeling MUCH more comfortable with all of his care and that sort of thing. Night nursing has definitely been a blessing that allows us to get a full night's rest at night, but we may have to go without for a few days as we may be looking for a different nurse. One of our biggest stipulations was that our home nurse didn't smoke. Well... she smokes. So we will be speaking with the nursing agency after the holiday weekend. So pray for us as we handle all of his care all day and night for a while. It will not be easy. AND, I'm limiting my coffee intake due to the growing baby in my belly (which Emma is convinced is a girl), making things all the more rough. Well, that's all. Isn't he so cute?

1 comment:

  1. I have followed you blog for a while now. I am praying for you family. My sister is on a vent. Let me just say I totally understand you not wanting a nurse that smokes. My mom has NEVER allowed that for my sister. I don't think they should allow a nurse that smoke to be around a child with respitory problems. Crazy to me. You guys are in my prayers.
    P.S. Turn as many nurses away as you need to. My mom has turned more down than she has keep over the years. You and you only know whats best for your child.

    Tia
    Killen, Al

    ReplyDelete