Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Still home!

We've made it 8 days at home! And no unplanned return trips to the hospital. We've been crazy tired and busy, but happy to have him home. I just wish we were physically able to take care of Malachi on our own. But, he's a complex character and just needs a lot of monitoring and attention to alarms and suctioning.



We are still struggling with finding the right "fit" for us and home nurses. We did not have any night nursing last night, so I slept for about four hours and then John woke me up at 1:00 am and it was my turn for the rest of the night. I was able to get a few interrupted hours of sleep in our lovely recliner, so you can only imagine how good the quality was.

Today was wednesday. In the world of Malachi, that means trach change day. John and I make a pretty good team. Even if one of us gets frustrated with something, the other usually knows to just be quiet and not make things worse. I find it funny that after a successful trach change, I have the urge to give John an chest bump in celebration for a job well done!

That's all I can muster for an update now. I'm sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. 8 days is awesome! praying for you guys, and that the right nurse will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Eight days is truly a miracle! Praying that it keeps going smoothly...

    ReplyDelete