Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1st OB visit

So not only did God knock some sense into me yesterday, but He also gave me the pleasure to see a completely normal-looking 9-week old baby whose heart is beating strong deep within me. AMAZING! Based on my LMP my due date is 11/27/10. The ultrasound measured the babe a bit bigger and gave a date of 11/23/10, but not significantly different enough to change the original 11/27 date. Can you believe it?!? God will be quickly adding to our family when Malachi is 13 months old. I'm still shocked and I'm still in awe.

It was a new doctor who made a great first impression. With my history, she will have my future ultrasounds done off-site to get a better high-resolution picture to tell if there are any structural abnormalities to be better prepared at the time of delivery if need be. The doctor's biggest concern is with everything going on that I can keep my anxiety to a minimum ;). I was curious what my blood pressure would be at this visit, and it was normal for me--maybe a bit high--115/60, but definitely not bad!

I'm starting this pregnancy about 5, okay maybe 10 pounds heavier than I did with my last. I wish I could chalk this belly bulge up to baby, but I'm thinking 9 weeks isn't too visible from the outside. So it looks like after this baby arrives I'm going to need to be a bit more diligent about getting back into decent shape.

Praying this pregnancy isn't as eventful as my prior two (miscarriage at 12 weeks and Malachi)!

3 comments:

  1. Marissa, you sound like me...my oldest daughter was only 4 months old when I got pregnant with my youngest daughter! I can't even begin to describle the blessings that comes with having them so close in age, though. I will be COVERING you with prayer as God knits this new little one together in your womb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you all in my prayers, I am sure a ton of things are running through your mind right now. I am glad to hear you have a doctor who will be keeping a close eye on you!!
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete