Friday, April 2, 2010

It's True

Yep. It's true. Can you believe it? We were certainly taken aback! Mr. Malachi is officially a big brother and will meet the next in the Sharbaugh clan about a month after he turns 1. I see minimal-to-no sleep in my future for the next few years. God is certainly amazing! He blessed us with this pregnancy and baby when we had decided it would be best to avoid it. Thankfully, we're not the ones in control. Not only does God know what's best for our family, but He also knows what's best for our man Malachi and big sister Emerson. It will truly be amazing to see how this all plays out. It will definitely help me to not baby Malachi for forever and it will most likely spur him on with developmental milestones and all that. We are still taking things one day at a time because, frankly, if I think too far ahead, those pesky hives show up and drive me crazy!

Has not the LORD made them one?
In flesh and spirit they are His.
And why one?
Because He was seeking godly offspring.
(Malachi 2:15)

Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
(Psalm 127:3)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Isn't it nice to know that God had this all in His plan from the beginning?! Can't wait to see that new Sharbaugh baby in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee! congratulations!

    i still baby my girl =)

    praying for a healthy pregnancy now.

    love,
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a Mommy that has two poor sleepers I know how challenging it is to get little or now sleep for over 2 yrs. I will be praying for strength and energy for you!

    I loved the verse you posted from Malachi. I don't remember reading that before. That's powerful and convicting. Blessing on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt this will be challenging but well worth it. Congrats. I look forward to learning his/her name! I am in love with baby names and your children have such cute names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats Marissa! We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Zacktheweird one was from me...haha. I was on my husband's comp and he has a blog he never uses, so I guess it was signed in.

    ReplyDelete