Sunday, December 20, 2009

400

They just shut down the module for malachi's surgery. They decided to
do it bedside instead of taking Malachi to the operating room. Right
now they are in the process of intubating him. I think we have the
option to go back in to see him before surgery gets to the bed. John
may go in, but I'm just going to wait until everything is finished.
I'm not sure if I can say goodbye twice. They are placing a more
permanent tunnel central line. There is more of a risk right now since
he is already having a rapid heart rate and arrhythmias, but he NEEDS
to have a central line for the meds he needs as his peripheral ivs do
not last long and cannot tolerate much.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet girl...I am so sorry! I have been missing ALL of this. Not that this matters right now, but I needed to lay down after church and just logged on. *Chi is the first person I check on*
    I know your fear...I wish there were something I could say that would comfort you. I promise I am hitting my knees though!
    Praying friend...for you and your brave boy...waiting for an update...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for strength and grace for Malachi and your family, and wisdom for the doctors and nurses.

    -amy

    ReplyDelete