Wednesday, December 30, 2009

10:00

One of the members of the cardiology staff just came to find me in the waiting room. They did find something wrong with his heart: coarctation (narrowing) of the aorta. They will be doing a balloon angioplasty to go in and inflate the area so as to stretch it out and widen the narrowed area. It is good that they found something during his catheterization and that it is fixable, BUT this will most likely create new problems. This narrowing was likely causing blood flow to the body to be restricted, therefore more blood was being pumped into the lungs. This may mean lower oxygen saturations for Malachi, which has already proved to be a problem. We will wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a crying mess right now after reading your newest updates! I've been out of the NICU too long and forgot I could come on here to find out what's going on. You're family is so strong and I know the Lord is so honored by your love and devotion to HIM! You're doing so well with everything thrown at you!

    I also wanted to say that I LOOOOVE the picture at the top of this page!!!! Did you design it like that? All the pictures on here are so great. Oh, and Jason and I were definitely in the back of one of your pictures, which we so could have moved for if we'd known! : )

    I hope you aren't giving yourself a hard time for having to split your time between your kiddos, you're doing a great job and it's really a blessing that you guys live so close because I know some families that leave their kids with family a couple hours away and hardly ever see them. Oh, one last thing, thanks so much for the little blanket! I love it and can't wait to use it, although I hear Brodie's been peeing through his diaper and all the blankets lately since he's been having contrast studies done so we'll have to wait till the coast is clear before using it! : )

    ReplyDelete