Saturday, May 1, 2010

with hesitancy

I've been hesitant to write anything over the course of this past week because frankly, my mind is mush. I've been on a rollercoaster of emotions and completely exhausted. There were many moments where I would have a profound thought or want to remember what I was feeling at that time and be like, "I should write this down." Of course, I never did and thankfully I don't really remember much. There were and still are moments of hope in an unfailing God, but when I am weak and my defenses are down I become mad, frustrated, and just in despair.

John has been amazing throughout this whole ordeal. He has gone above and beyond picking up the slack that has resulted from my apathy. He has taken care of meals on the days when nothing is scheduled to be delivered, he has done the dishes, he has tidied up our place, he has given too many back rubs to count, he's allowed me to rest so as to take care of the new life growing within me, and overall he's been a stronghold for our family. I would not be functioning without my husband.

The biggest blow we received this week was when we were presented with the information regarding Malachi's inability to create his own T-cells required in the development of a functioning immune system. Most of the time, I feel like we are just waiting for Malachi to get sick--so sick that we have to decide to turn off his ventilator and stop most of his medications and just keep him from feeling the pain until he passes. When I allow myself to get that far, my mind then ventures even further. How much medical technology is too much? What will the long-term effects be of all this medication we're pumping into his little body? Am I ready to say good-bye? Funeral preparations? A scary road to go down.

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I just want to wrap my arms around you and hug you so tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have NO idea how my heart is breaking for you. I've been reading the updates but just can't seem to find the words.
    I can't even begin to imagine where you are...or what that looks like. Know that you are loved...cared for...by many. Know that we are carrying you and your family to the cross...praying for inexplicable peace and absolutes.
    Sending the biggest, tightest hug and lots of love...
    *super glad God is sustaining you and your husband right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I am so sorry you have to even think about all of this. I wish I had some powerful words to help you but I do not. We will be thinking about you all.
    Love,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a short note to let you know that our church family prays for you every Sunday morning during our service. We get a short update on Malachi and a reminder to pray for him and your family from Dawn Holley. We'll continue to pray that God would give you strength and wisdom. Thanks for sharing your thoughts by way of this blog. Eloise @ Missionary Baptist Church, Coatesville, IN

    ReplyDelete