Monday, May 31, 2010

Trying to Rest

First off, I want to thank all of you who are praying. Please keep your prayers coming. From day one, God has answered and has been and will continue to sustain us with peace and comfort by answering those prayers in a very real way.

We decided to get away for a bit. The initial plan was to spend the week in D.C. spending our days meandering through monument after monument, historical site after historical site, museum after museum. Unfortunately, the 11-hour drive (which easily turns into 13 hours with a toddler and a pregnant lady) didn't seem very restful and the prices for flights out there weren't exactly budget-friendly. So we started looking more locally.

A 2-hour drive was much more appealing. So far we've spent our time relaxing at the hotel, swimming with Emma, shopping at a nearby outlet mall, and having a super delicious meal at PF Changs (my first time). Not bad for arriving yesterday around 4. We've still got plans for IKEA, the creation museum, and a waterpark--but mostly just "relaxing" and seeing what the days bring.

Again, thank you for your prayers. Thankful for time away with my family.

7 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for you. I hope this time away brings you a respite of peace and a chance to catch your breath and see lots of smiles from sweet little Emma. You are being covered in prayers from Willow Creek, I can promise you that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you can get away. Prayers for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, that's what you all need! I love IKEA, one of my favorite stores but way too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have some time to relax and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're getting away. I too LOVE PF Changs! Oh great, now I'm getting hungry again... The creation museum sounds very interesting. Chad has been and really liked it and I'm hoping to go someday. Let me know how you like it!

    We're continuing to pray for you guys constantly, as are so many of your friends back here and several of our friends whom you've never met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13 hours in a car no thank you! Glad you got to relax as much as possible. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but have prayed for you off and on since finding it. I am so sorry to read of your loss. I know the Lord has a plan that is perfect, but it can be so hard to feel at times of loss, and I pray you can see the good He will work from this. I myself have had much loss in the past 18 months, and I pray that in time, you will see the Lord restoring you and your family, bringing you a new hope and a new vision. Praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the assurance of heaven, and for His grace for all our trials. You are in the times of identifying with His sufferings, and He will make you stronger. I pray you have those to come alongside you with the comfort that they themselves have received, (2 Cor.) God bless you. In Jesus' name, I'm praying for you. Marci

    ReplyDelete