Thursday, May 13, 2010

another day

I don't really have any updates. The one thing I forgot to mention yesterday was that Chi had his first IVIG infusion. Basically when people donate their plasma, it gets used for this type of thing. I believe Chi will continue to get these on a monthly basis. I did a little research online. I'm not sure how old the site was that I was looking, but at that time, one little bottle of that stuff (of which Chi received the whole thing) costs around $3,000! Isn't that crazy?

I spoke with Dr. N (immunology) yesterday. He said that he was just going to increase the cyclosporine that he is on as his levels were low and this lymph nodes are no longer shrinking. He also said that from his standpoint, he clears Chi for home again once this respiratory issue is resolved. We'll see what the ICU docs think today. Speaking of which, I better get going and head up to the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping that everyone will be on board to let Chi go home once he's feeling better. You guys are studs.
    Really. Truly. Keep up the awesome work!
    Continued love and prayers,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete