Monday, May 17, 2010

12 weeks

Had my 12-week appointment today. Super quick! I was in and out of there in no time. So far, so good. By God's grace I haven't felt nearly as sick as I had with my other THREE pregnancies (crazy to think that this is already baby 4) and have been able to provide for Malachi without the constant state of queasiness that usually accompanies me during this time.

Quick stats:
Weight: 158 (with full sweats and shoes on *wink*)
Blood pressure: 112/68 (amazing considering Malachi stuff)

However, the doctor was unable to find a heartbeat. With her little gadget, she was only picking up my heartbeat. SO, off to ultrasound we went (especially since my miscarriage happened just after 12 weeks). Sure enough, baby was there looking super active and sticking its tongue out at me and Emma. What a relief! A healthy heartbeat of 158 and an anterior placenta which is why we couldn't find baby in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. John and Marissa,

    I met you both the first time only a few weeks ago with my family, and I was so blown away by your story as I read this blog, and learned and how God has used you....

    I see how over 68,000 visitors have come to your site. Sure maybe a lot have come back more than once (like me) but God is moving in it all. I know a bit a bout pain myself, and how He can draw us to Him through it all, and others in the process. One day perhaps I will tell you my own story.

    Sunday, Pastor Jeff read this, and it was more clear to me than ever before...."Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Cor 1:3

    I hope you don't mind me sharing just a bit about your story (let me know if you do). I posted a short take here:

    http://da98808.blogspot.com/2010/05/shine-malachi.html

    May God continue to bless you richly with a story and a faith that touches so many with hope....he is WITH you.

    blessings
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you and baby are doing well! They always had a hard time finding my babies' heartbeats and finally discovered during my last pregnancy that I had a tilted uterus. You'd think they'd have discovered that before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord that you got an ultrasound out of the whole deal :) That is just wonderful. I'm super glad that you have a gracious and understanding OB and I'm more glad that this baby is doing well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete