Sunday, April 24, 2011

a song i'd like to sing for you...

There are a few songsI would LOVE to sing as "special music" at church... but, really, you wouldn't want me singing in any public arena SO i will leave you with a prayer of mine titled "Your Hands" by JJ Heller: 






I have unanswered prayers.  I have trouble I wish wasn’t there.  And I have asked a thousand ways that you would take my pain away. Oh, you would take my pain away.

I am trying to understand how to walk this weary land. Make straight the paths that crooked lie. Oh Lord, before these feet of mine. Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands. When my heart is breaking I never leave your hands.

When you walked upon the earth you healed the broken, lost and hurt. I know you hate to see me cry. One day you will set all things right. Yeah, one day you will set all things right.

When my world is shaking, heaven stands. When my heart is breaking I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world are holding me--they hold me still.

1 comment: