Sunday, June 26, 2011

CC: Healing



More and more this is continually becoming my favorite picture of Malachi. You gotta love a peaceful, sleeping baby.  Knowing the war his little body was waging against itself, it brings me comfort to know that there were times during his stay on this earth where he was able to escape the pain.  I am thankful for the memory that God has given me of this moment of my first son.  This morning during my bible reading I came across this verse... "But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings." (Malachi 4:2).  At different times today God has reminded me of the comfort only He can bring during times of great trial and distress. I am reminded that there is no earthly reason that we were able to love on Malachi in the flesh for as long we were ordained.  We knew from the moment he struggled for his first breath that our time with him would be limited.  Shorter than any mama could ever find adequate.

I am thankful that we received a kind gift while Malachi was in the NICU with this verse written on the back.  I am thankful that can take comfort in a verse from a book of the Bible from where my son received his name.  I am thankful that God has saved me and has promised healing for those who fear His name.  I am thankful that this healing, this love, this forgiveness is available to any and all who call on His name, repent, and follow Him.  That He is able and willing to save even a soul like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment