Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas

I was easily the Scrooge of our family this Christmas.  I was fighting it.  If it weren't for the fact that Emma is old enough to remember things and my persuasive husband, decorations would not have been brought out this year.  I had even convinced Emma that it would be okay if her presents weren't wrapped, but they would just be left under the tree for her Christmas morning.  John shot me a death glare and I realized that wasn't going to happen.  You'll be happy to know that the tree did eventually get put up, decorated even, and presents were wrapped and waiting for her to OPEN on Christmas morning.  (Actually, they were ready and opened on Christmas Eve morning because we had plans to go to Iowa and spend the day with my dad, stepmom, brother, and his girlfriend.  Weather, however, did not cooperate and road conditions were too iffy for a trip with two kiddos.)

You'll notice that I'm pretty partial to red, gold, and white during the holidays... how about you?








2 comments: