Wednesday, August 18, 2010

update

So blogging has gotten away from me. I think I needed a break. Clearly, it was the easiest way to keep people up to date with all things Malachi. It was a way for me to forceful process all that was going on and show off the cutest special needs kid you'd ever "meet" (blog pics count, right?)... I've been great at keeping up with other people's blogs thanks to Google Reader which I adore, but obviously not so much on the writing end of things. I've got a bazillion things swirling around in this head, but not enough clarity of thought at the end of the day to write an organized post. Well, I'm gonna write anyway, forgive the rambling. (and don't hold it against me if I fail to throw in a pic or two)

Here's what we've been up to... finding a house.

That's about it. Okay, so that encompasses enough to keep a pregnant lady home with a toddler completely exhausted most of the time. We scoured the internet listings looking for homes in our price range. Actually met with our realtor and viewed around 20 homes. Bid on a HUD house. Lost to a higher bidder. Narrowed our search down to a move-in ready place with a yard and another HUD fixer-upper. Bid on the HUD house and offer was accepted! We've met with the mortgage broker and locked in a 4.5% rate (AMAZING!). Now we're in the process of setting up an inspection and getting HUD approval to have utilities turned on and all that jazz. We will obviously feel much better about the house when/if the inspection turns up nothing crazy big. We have to be out of the apartment by the end of the month (we put in a 60-day notice a few weeks after Chi died b/c it's still weird just being here). We're packing. We will be moving in with John's parents while we wait for closing on the house and then also while John fixes up the house and gets it ready for us to move in. We will have to replace all the flooring and the previous owners were crazy paint happy so that will need to be changed as well. Unfortunately, John still has a full-time job he must attend to during this whole process. And, I won't be of much assistance due to the pregnancy and toddler who needs to be taken care of. So I'm gathering ideas for the design and decor of the new place.

Now if only I'd take it easy during the day and listen to my husband and let him do most of the packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment