Thursday, May 7, 2009

back by popular demand...

okay, so maybe not by POPULAR demand, but it is pretty ridiculous that I went an entire month without posting anything on here. I'm really not even sure why I didn't post anything--April was a good month!! I would love to write all about the wonderfulness of April, but I'll keep it short and sweet.

The biggest adventure April had for our little family was a trip to Florida to visit Curt and Laura and the twins! I had great intentions of semi-documenting our vacation, but alas, it didn't happen. We survived a flight with a one year old and were very thankful that she didn't have some random sort of breakdown while we were midflight.

A few highlights from Florida:
1. We got to spend a week with our favorite Florida family.


2. Emerson never got tired of saying "meow" to cushion and peeve (who spent most of their time trying to stay away from her) or "baby" to micah and mackenna (who are only 6 months younger than Emma).


3. We watched Emerson transition from not wanting to touch the sand with her feet to eventually burying herself in it by the end of trip to the beach. (Also at the beach I was the victim of a fly-by bird dropping. I was actually thankful that it landed on my hand/wrist and NOT on the open Subway sandwich of my husband's I was holding).



4. We had a free night at the ballpark including tickets and dinner!


5. Spent Easter Sunday at their church and at a friend's house for a great dinner and easter egg hunt. I was surprised that Emerson actually caught on to looking for the eggs and putting them in her basket. I thought she would still be too little.



6. We were also able to spend a day at the pool and then the the last day was rainy and time was spent just relaxing at their house. Emma loved kicking around in the water. Looks like we'll be at the pool a lot this summer!


All in all, it was a great trip. We were sad to leave, but are glad to be able to see them again at the family reunion this summer!

Also in April, we were able to get an early ultrasound of the baby! Here are some of the 11-week pictures. Not sure how well they will show up on here, but:



(for more pictures you can follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003950&id=149900012&l=b7703687b9)

Last but not least, John also was hired for a new position with a new company at the very tail end of the month. He will now be working up to the position of Project Administrator for Belcan Corporation. The best part is that he will be working a regular 40 hour business week and the job is an HOUR off of his regular commute each day!! This makes all the Sharbaugh's happy.

So no promises, but I will TRY to do a better job of keeping this updated!

1 comment: