Thursday, May 14, 2009

bye byes and welcome homes...



So this picture doesn't really have anything to do with my Emerson "bye bye" story, but it was a quick pic at her first visit to the zoo a couple of weeks ago. She was able to feed the giraffe, and she really did quite well UNTIL that monster of a tongue practically engulfed her little hand. You can see from the pic that she really wsn't too sure what to think about this extremely tall, funny looking animal.

Now for Emerson's Bye-Bye story. So Emma and I have been running more errands lately (any excuse to get out of the house on a nice day). The afternoon was here and 3:00 was quickly turning the corner. I was reminding my precious little girl that it would soon be naptime. After throwing a mini-fit (thankfully, she's not at the point of full-fledged tantrums yet!), it was like a lightbulb went off and she had a brilliant idea. She got up from the floor and started looking around. (At this point, I was curious) She ran over to the couch, grabbed my purse, ran it over to me sitting in the office, and went to the front door knocking and saying "bye bye, go go." It was as if in her own 1-year-old way she was saying, "Nope, sorry Mom. No time for sleep, we've got places to be!




Also, we have our pup back. Or, more accurately, John has his pup back. I was sadly and surprisingly not heartbroken when Belle took off. (She jumped the fence around 1030 on Monday night and never came home. John was out and about until almost 2 AM looking for her and then again the next day after work for a while) At first I was mad at her for running away from our family, but then I thought maybe this was how God was removing Belle from our life so that we'd have one less thing holding us back from going to the mission field. Regardless, I had become very at peace with the fact that she may never come back.

That being said, I did not want anything tragic to have happened to our girl and I was not going to just let John's puppy stay lost. I called around to local shelters to see if anyone had brought in a dog who matched Belle's description. I mainly just got a machine recording, no one really manning the phones. Well, I tried to discern which shelter she would have been dropped off at if someone had called animal control to come get her. One of the options was within 10 miles from where John works now, so I gave him the address. Sure enough, she was there! This was one pregnant lady full of mixed emotions, I can tell you that much. I had to run some paperwork and a picture to the shelter to verify she was our pup and we were able to take her home almost two hours after john had originally showed up to look for her.

All in all, it was a good day and John got his dog back!

No comments:

Post a Comment