Thursday, May 21, 2009

doctor visits

so in my lack of clarity of thought with my last post, I completely forgot to mention our trips to the doctor's office this week. I was first on Monday to visit my OB doc for my 16 week check up. i'm happy to report that all is well and the doctor found the baby's heartbeat almost immediately! It's going strong at 150 beats per minute--always good news.

Next up was Emerson's 15-month check up. Well, it was supposed to be her 15-month, but it kind of kept getting postponed. If you do the math, she is actually almost 17 months old. She was a trooper (two shots and a finger prick) and overall a pretty good little kiddo at the office. She didn't really know what to think about Dr. Hoffman, her pediatrician, this time around. Lately, she's been pretty hesitant with guys. Daddy is hoping this new found hesitancy sticks around for a while--like until she's 25!

I finally gave in and went to the doctor AGAIN this morning. The pain in my ear brought me to tears last night, so I agreed to call in the morning and see if they could fit me in. Sure enough, ear infection. Thankfully, my mother-in-law graciously took Emma for me today so that I could just get some rest. I think it made a tremendous impact (I was even able to stay up past 9 tonight!). But on that note, I need to go to bed if I'm going to be able to get up with Emma in the morning. The point will come way too quickly when I will not be sleeping through the night. I think I need to take advantage now! Who knows, maybe I'll even squeeze a nap in during the day tomorrow--although, that would require a very productive morning. We'll see!

This is an old picture, but let's face it, blogs are way more interesting when there are cute pictures involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment