Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sick, sick, and more sick

this is definitely one uncomfortable pregnant lady, and i've JUST entered the semi-comfortable second trimester. emma got a bug while we were in iowa and has since shared it with me. i've been in bed by 9:00 each night this week. john has been sick, but none of the same symptoms, so we're thinking his was mostly allergy-related. anywho, i've complained enough on my facebook statuses that I don't really have anything more to say on the matter. we're pretty bummed that this is ruining our plans for a quick weekend trip to iowa to see dad's side of the family.

speaking of iowa, we were in the des moines area for a friend's wedding and to visit my side of the family. unfortunately i didn't take many pictures and our visit wasn't very long. we also had the opportunity to visit Willow Creek Baptist Church (our old home church) while we were in town. It was extremely bittersweet. After spending some time with old friends before the service, we found our seats near the back of the auditorium and tears started streaming down my face. Oh, how we miss Willow!

my ear is hurting so badly right now that I can barely think of what I want to type next. looks like its going to be another early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment