Thursday, October 27, 2011

Malachi's birth; 2 years later.

Hindsight:  We really didn't know how extensive Malachi's problems were going to be at this point.  Also, I said "a few complications of my own" was the biggest understatement of this post.  John was very much worried that he was going to have his baby and wife taken away from him this night two years ago. 

I will post more later, but here's some pics for the time being. He arrived at 7:28 pm weighing in at 7 lb 8.9 oz and measuring 21 inches long (same length and a pound less than Emerson). Thankfully, there was only 15 minutes of pushing because Malachi was stressed. He had the cord wrapped around his neck and was trying to come out while holding the cord in another place. He had to work very hard to try to take a breath on his own and he was quickly rushed to NICU within 5 minutes. I had a few complications of my own, but am currently feeling much better. Most importantly, we want this little guy to be able to breath on his own (he is currently intubated and was weaned from 100% oxygen down to 75%). As of right now they are not sure if it is a lung problem specifically or an airway anomaly of some sort that doesn't show up on a regular x-ray or imaging study like that. We will learn more tomorrow as more tests will be ordered at that time. So... meet Mr. Malachi.

Laying in his crib holding my hand.


Close up. You can see his ear is a little bit deformed as well.
Not sure if that will lead to anything or not.


Finally, holding John's finger.
(He squeezed three times--how we signal 'I love you')

For those of you praying for our family, THANK YOU! You have no idea how appreciative we are of your care and support for us Sharbaughs. I am falling asleep as I type here, I better try to get a little more comfortable. More will be updated as information becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment