Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Year.

A year ago tomorrow was when we buried our son.  (Read the funeral message by clicking here.) May 25th, however, marked the anniversary of our goodbyes.  Knowing Malachi was going to die young due to his medical issues, I am realizing that I was blessed to be able to hold him as he took his last breath and entered the presence of our Savior.  I am thankful that the last few minutes of his life don't haunt me.  I am thankful for a husband to share the ups and downs that have ensued since Malachi was born.  I am thankful for a God who has continually shown Himself faithful--even when I waiver.  I am thankful for the assurance from God's Word that we will one day be reunited with our son.

Until then, I am thankful that we have a place to go remember him.  I am thankful that Spring brings reminders of new life.  I am thankful that cemeteries are usually well-kept surrounding Memorial Day Weekend.  I am thankful for the seven months we shared with our son--knowing full well that there is no earthly reason for him to have survived Day 1.

I was hoping to get this sweet sentimental picture of Emma releasing a balloon in memory of Malachi.  Unfortunately, she was quick to UNTIE the balloon from her wrist and let it go immediately upon our arrival.  I tried my best to chase it down, but it was windy and--let's face it--I'm out of shape.  This is the best one I got.


I love that getting John and Jackson in the background of this picture was by complete accident on my part.  I wasn't even looking through the viewfinder while taking the pic.

Malachi has the coolest headstone around, hands down...



A view from his grave...

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you, to know that I am not alone and feel many of the same things you do. I love your hope, faith, and love of our Lord. Your strength and courage is remarkable. And yes...Malachi has the coolest headstone!

    ReplyDelete