Thursday, September 23, 2010

true woman 2010

In about fifteen minutes I'll be all packed up and ready to head out to the True Woman '10 conference here in Indianapolis. Basically the reason for this quick post is to ask for prayer. It is still hard for me to comfortably sit in church on Sunday mornings and hear what God has to say to me, let alone be in a conference center with thousands of other women. (At least it will be safe to assume that I won't be the only one in tears.)

Throughout this entire grieving process my tendency has been to stay to myself and avoid others. I've taken mini-steps outside my comfort zone to seek out older ladies to meet with and "rejoining" our youth group in an effort to minister to the younger ladies of our church. With that said, I have decided to take a leap out of my comfort zone and stay downtown with many of the ladies from our church who will also be attending the conference. I'm nervous.

Pray for an open heart/mind and a willing spirit to really hear what God has to say and that I would have the courage to apply the necessary changes to my life in order to become a more godly woman in His image.

Pray for new, godly friendships and renewed energy in those relationships that were neglected on my part during our little isolation period known as Malachi's life (we were paranoid we would carry some sort of virus or bacteria into Chi's hospital room and we did NOT want to take that chance).

Also, please pray for the teens from our church who will be attending. It's such a crucial time period and there is amazing opportunity for a solid foundation to be lain and built upon over time.

Alright, gotta go. Pray, pray, pray.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you this weekend. I hope and pray that your heart will be renewed and you will feel Christ's presence. Have a great time. -Nancy

    ReplyDelete