Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pursuit of Justice

I just finished reading Pursuit of Justice by DiAnn Mills. I knew nothing of the author or other books in the "Call of Duty" series when I requested a copy, BUT I was quickly hooked even just reading the back cover:

"For centuries, the legend of the Spider Rock treasure has lured people to west Texas with promises of unimaginable wealth.

And it just claimed three more victims.

Did they fall prey to the legend's curse or just get too close to someone else's discovery? To investigate the murders, the FBI calls in one of its most promising up-and-comers--Special Agent Bella Jordan. What they don't know is that one of their prime suspects is deeply connected to the past she's been running from for fourteen years.

As Bella begins to sift through evidence, another murder and threats on her own life convince her she's hunting an experienced killer... and he's not working alone. To catch the suspect before he catches her, Bella must draw on all her skill and instinct and finally gather the courage to face the memories she's tried so hard to forget."

MY THOUGHTS:
After reading this book (the 3rd in the series), I definitely would like to find the time to go back and read the first two--Breach of Trust and Sworn to Protect. I liked the "realness" of the character in this book. The relationships she had with other characters throughout the book weren't forcefully written and came pretty naturally. I felt like Bella's fears were real, thoughts were real, and actions were real within the circumstances she found herself. With each new development in the case, I found myself guessing as to how things would turn out in the end, who I could trust, and who was really an enemy. I had never read anything by DiAnn Mills before, so I didn't have anything to go on as far as how "predictable" her stories played out. All in all, I was thankful to have allowed myself the time to get lost in this book and "get away" for a little bit.

www.tyndalefiction.com

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip, it's been hard to find good books lately. I've been listening to Ted Dekker's Boneman's Daughters book on CD (I loaned it from the library to listen to on the way up to LaGrange to see family) and it's really good too.

    Do you know about paperbackswap.com? You post ten books you're willing to get rid of and then you get 2 credits so you can go to the website and pick two books that people will send to you for free. If someone wants your book then you have to pay for the shipping/handling but you get another credit for another book so it's a pretty good deal.

    ReplyDelete