Sunday, May 13, 2012

When the Hurt Runs Deep {Book Review}

Publisher's Description
Where Can You Turn for Hope When the Hurt Runs Deep?
At some point in life, every one of us will face the dark pain of heartache and despair, a hurt that pierces so deep we’re left gasping with questions:
 Why me? Why now?  What have I done to deserve this?  Will the pain ever go away?  How can God just stand by and let this happen?  What do I have left to hope for?

Writing from insights she has gained, not only through her own valleys of deep hurt but also from years of study and counseling others through their pain, Kay Arthur points the way toward genuine healing. With candor, grace, and vulnerability, she invites you to join her on a journey toward wholeness as you exchange your fears and frustrations, hurts and disappointments for a hope that will never disappoint.

My Thoughts
There was definitely some helpful information found throughout this book.  Primarily a straightforward list of things to remember when the hurt runs deep as well as an appendix full of practical helps that I found helpful both in my life as well as future counsel for those who are hurting whom God places in my path. Unfortunately, I didn't necessarily enjoy the author's writing style and if the topic weren't so completely relevant to the last few years of my life, I would have simply tossed it aside and moved on to something else.  However, the information proves to be valuable.  I have yet to decide if I will take the time to work through the study guide included at the end of the book, but I'm thankful that it's there if I choose to do so!



You can read the first chapter of this book online here.

WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group provided this book to me for free in exchange for this honest review as part of their Blogging for Books program.

No comments:

Post a Comment