Monday, October 12, 2009

making progress


Well, closing is in T-minus four days... FOUR DAYS!! The house is almost packed. I'm sure it just seems like there is more left to be done than what really is left to be accomplished. I was able to get some things done from the couch today, which at least helped me to feel productive. I canceled our home phone and signed up for DSL w/o phone at the new place; switched our auto insurance, canceled our homeowners insurance, and activated a renters policy; canceled most of our current utilities: water, electric, and gas; activated electric at new place; and updated address information at church, the post office, my work, car loan, and medical insurance. Unfortunately, I'm sure there is still plenty to do.

Wednesday is a pretty big day. We will be settling with paperwork and initial rent payment with the apartment complex. Also, the buyers have requested a final walk-through of the house. I'm assuming this is just to check that we haven't destroyed the place in the past month. We haven't, so we are prayerful that everything will continue as planned and we will close on the house Friday. Everything NEEDS to go through because we will be moving out of our house and into the apartment on Thursday as we are required to be ready to hand over the keys to the house at 3:00 on Friday at closing.

Lastly, I had my 37-week appointment today. I haven't progressed much, but my body is ready to do it's thing as soon as I start having some heavy contractions. Granted, I've been having contractions daily for two solid weeks now, so I could really go at any time. You could almost say I'm a ticking time bomb and I could go tonight or I could go two weeks from now. There are definitely pros and cons to both, so I suppose we'll just have to leave it in God's hands... On the other hand, if given the option to be induced, I might just have to jump on it. I like surprises, but I also like not being surprised with certain things. I would LOVE to know that I will make it to the hospital in time before the baby arrives... and John really does NOT want to be the one to deliver Mr. Malachi.

As I was going through my Bible reading yesterday, I was in Jeremiah 17. There were a few verses that definitely stood out to me. I would love to expound, but frankly I'm too tired and nauseated to sit here any longer. I will include them, however, if you would like to read them.

5 This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans,
who rely on human strength
and turn their hearts away from the Lord.
7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
and have made the Lord their hope and confidence

9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is?
10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts
and examine secret motives.
I give all people their due rewards,
according to what their actions deserve.”

1 comment:

  1. Progress, progress! Doesn't it feel good! :) Hope you're doing well...and only 16 days!!! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete