Saturday, September 20, 2008

John's Birthday -- September 19

My husband turned 26 yesterday! Getting close to 30 that one ;).

Thankfully, we took advantage of Mom's last trip out here and we celebrated by going out to a Mexican restaurant and then I took him to see Dark Knight at the IMAX theater in Indianapolis. It was a great flick and I only had one nightmare pertaining to the Joker, so that was good, too. I say 'thankfully' because on his actual birthday John worked a double shift. He went in to work at 530 and didn't get home until 1030 that night.

Emerson and I made him birthday cupcakes (strawberry cake mix with rainbow chip frosting) and he got to open up cards and presents when he got home. Due to the tight budget, I had to be practical with a birthday gift (technically, the IMAX movie was his present, but everyone likes to OPEN a real gift on their birthday), so John's gift was a t-shirt and underwear. What a loving wife I am! We did stop at GameStop this morning and he was able to buy 3 wii games with his birthday money.

If John was at work all day, what did I do? Let's see... obviously, I did all the necessary "take care of the baby" things (feed/change/etc), picked up EVERYTHING, caught up on ALL the laundry, mopped floors, went through more of Emerson's clothes, finished all the dishes, made the birthday cupcakes, worked for 3 hours, took emerson on an hour-long walk. All I need to do now is sweep floors upstairs and clean bathrooms. Granted, I'll have to start that process over again next week, but it's a start!

Also today we dropped off some stuff at Mom and Dad Sharbaugh's for the twins to use while they are up from Florida. Emma got to play with the Simpkins' kids and see GG Hubble and Grandma Sharbaugh. John let me stop at a garage sale on the way and Emerson and I got a bunch of cute clothes for 9 bucks--sweet! We also stopped at the new Half Price Books and I got like 6 or 7 books for 4.01--love it!

John worked on the floor some more today, now we just have to get the vinyl flooring or whatever we're going to use right around the door area and it will be all fixed up! Also, I marked off the walls for the chair rail that will go around the living room. I need to paint it though before john can put it up. I think it will be a nice added touch to the space.

I like that our house truly is our home, our sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment