Tuesday, July 14, 2009

work, work, work...


things are definitely still staying busy around the sharbaugh household. its been much easier to KEEP the house clean since I've had a good starting place. i'm trying to be consistent about having a clean sink every night before i go to bed... tonight i can say that chore has been accomplished. i find it's also easier for me to be motivated to cook an actual meal for dinner when i have a clean kitchen to cook in! tonight we had calzones and breadsticks--another staple at our house. But, because i haven't had to worry so much about actually cleaning house, i've been able to work extra on my MT stuff. Last week, i made over $200 doing my MT stuff and I put in some hours working for my father-in-law, typing up some of his sermons. We're very thankful for the extra work knowing that we have that car repair bill coming due here shortly!

seems like the weekend was pretty busy, too, but i don't remember much! I've been really tired lately, and i think taking care of a sick baby had something to do with that. Emma had her doc appointment late last week. The doc was happy that she finally seems to be sticking to a growth curve with her weight, it's only 20% (22 pounds), but at least she's not dropping to a lower curve! Regardless of being little in the weight category, she is still growing like a weed. She jumped up the 75th percentile in height and is quickly becoming one of the tallest kids in the nursery at church.

emma's vocabulary keeps improving daily, too! it's so fun to watch her as she says new things. a post consisting solely of emma-isms is sure to be on the way once i've sat down and compiled a few of our favorites.

I also had a doc appointment. i've gained 12 pounds so far, so right on target. my belly is also am measuring 24 cm, which matches up perfectly with my 24 weeks. we were also able to hear a steady heartbeat in the 150s... grow, baby, grow!

and last, but not least, we had kind of a "mishap" with a hair coloring project. apparently, when using the color "darkest brown," it turns to black when accidentally kept on for too long! it's kind of shocking at first, but surprisingly not TOO bad!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marissa! Just found your blog! I like the dark hair -- I think it looks really cute! And I love your haircut! I always want to do something cute and trendy like that but then I chicken out :)

    Your baby girl is adorable! And Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete